All of our Church Training events can be found on EventBrite
More dates will be added during August
As well as “whole church” training we also offer the following regional course for your Church Safeguarding Coordinator or Designated Safeguarding Lead Person.
Safeguarding Coordinator/ Designated Safeguarding Lead Person
Training 1 Full day
This focuses on DSL’s at an operational level and is around roles and responsibilities and how DSL’s should carry out their functions. It includes
- the responsibilities of the safeguarding lead from a biblical perspective and an evangelical frame of reference.
- It addresses all of the key areas that the designated person needs to understand, including:
- understanding safeguarding and abuse,
- responding appropriately to concerns of allegations of abuse,
- supporting staff and volunteers in the discharge of their duties,
- working confidently and competently with local statutory services,
- the importance of effective systems,
- the importance of culture managing concerns and referrals etc
- Cost: £75 per person including a light lunch
- Mental Health Awareness for Churches Training 1 full day
- Cost £55 per person including a light lunch
Our Mental Health Awareness session is a full days training covering the sensitive issues around mental health, addressing the stigma, uncertainty and the fear that is often present in some of our churches.
We seek to help churches, in a safe and nurturing environment to talk through mental health from a biblical perspective and we facilitate open conversations around some of those concerns and apply principles in ways to support and to help and encourage.
We cover topics such as
Depression, Anxiety, Anxiety disorders, Suicide, Self harm, Eating disorders Bi Polar, Psychosis Dementia
We aim to make our training as cost effective for churches as possible, we can be flexible with delivery for example
- Local Churches could share costs with each other
- Discounted or free places if your church is used as a venue
- In 2019 we will be offering Train the Trainer package to churches
We are keen to spread the network of training wide and would really appreciate any offers from churches or organisations who would be willing to rent out some space to us so we can
add more events
recruit more trainers
Increase the Christian Safeguarding Services Trainer’s Network.